Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Happy Halloween and all that jazz. It was actually pretty damned fun this year for me :)

I wound up going to dinner with some of my friends here, to a place called the Mellow Mushroom. It's a pretty good pizza place that I first went to at Ft Benning, so I was happy to find one here in tiny little Enterprise. I wound up taking half of my pizza home, which was a good thing later on.

After dinner we went to the liquor store to stock up for a party that we were apparently going to, and then to Walmart to buy juice and some costumes. There wasn't much in the way of costumes left, so we decided to do me up as a devil (thanks to the one set of devil's horns that we found left in the costume aisle). We decided that since most women's costumes are slutty nowadays, I may as well hop on the bandwagon, so I was basically just going to go in a long-sleeved button down and a pair of boy-shorts underwear. It was, however, really fucking cold last night (compared to how warm it usually is around here, anyway...) so I wound up wearing a pair of pants during the whole party (it was also kind of awkward being around a bunch of people I didn't know in my underwear...).

Post-party we went back to my friend Aric's place to play some Rock Band and crash out. It wound up being strip Rock Band (a first for me :p), but we all mutually agreed that we'd stop at underwear (the guys were of the opinion that they had no desire to see each other fully naked). It was surprisingly fun, actually... it was also a long enough game that I was no longer toasted by the time we went to sleep, which made the hangover this morning much nicer. Pizza in the morning was also amazing :p

At some point yesterday, the group discovered that I'd never been on a date or had a boyfriend before, so Nestor announced that if Aric didn't ask me on a date in the near future, he would. Surprise surprise, Aric mentioned something about it when he dropped me off back at my place this morning, and texted me later to set up a time to go out to dinner tonight. I told him he didn't actually have to take me out on a date, but he responded that "he thought it would be fun, plus he kina wanted to ask me out anyway". I honestly wasn't sure if he was being serious or not, since we've been friends for a few years now and are always joking around with each other, so I gave a "lol"-ish reply just in case.

He went out and bought me flowers, which was sweet of him (I have to remember to buy a vase for them though). Dinner was at a Japanese steakhouse in the area, which was pretty good. I'm not the best person at small talk (I used to be pretty anti-social before college, and I'm still kind of socially awkward I think), so a one-on-one dinner was a little strange for me at some times. What do you talk about while you're on a date with someone you talk to pretty much every day anyway? There's never anything new here in Enterprise to talk about, so conversations get limited sometimes :p

Post-date, he walked me to the door so I invited him in (which kind of made me chuckle since he doesn't generally bother asking permission, and I rarely knock when I show up at his place now either :p) and we wound up watching a Youtube clip of "Legends of the Hidden Temple", an old Nickelodeon show that he got his Halloween costume from (and which I didn't think I'd ever seen, but now I'm not sure). Then we wound up watching the Military Channel for a while (which is sad for a couple of lieutenants, in retrospect). Then he got up to go, and I got a couple of good-night kisses :p I actually wasn't sure if he was going to kiss me or just give me a hug, since I still wasn't sure if he was serious about the date or not. I did get kisses and a couple hugs though, and he said we should do this again so... I have a boyfriend now? Maybe? I used to laugh at books or movies where the girl was always overanalyzing whether or not a guy liked her, but I get it now :p I'm 99% sure that he wouldn't have actually kissed me if he wasn't serious, but since a guy has never asked me out before, I guess I've kind of built up a mental image of myself as an "undate-able" person... the kind of girl guys hang out with but don't go out with I guess. Add that to the oddness of how he asked me out, and I guess I'm hesitant to jump into this thinking I've suddenly got a boyfriend now. *sigh* We'll see if there's actually a second date I guess?

Aaanyway. In Army news, I'm on SDO (Staff Duty Officer) detail for the next 2 weeks, so I don't have to go to formations :) No PT, whoo! I need to PT on my own if I'm not going to go to morning formation, of course, but I've never been that good at self-motivating to work out...

I'm also going to try to go to the Inspector General's (IG) office tomorrow, to finally sort out whatever the hell is wrong with my status in the army database - apparently I'm listed as active duty now, but I'm still not seeing it on my end :( So instead of doing the run-around with the S1 and student personnel here at Ft Rucker, I'm just going to take my problem straight to the IG, and hopefully get it fixed in time to register for classes for next semester (I can't really afford to pay for another semester out of pocket, so it's either fix the problem and sign of for Tuition Assistance, or take a semester off).

And... that's it I guess. Yay Enterprise.

Edit: 2nd date, in honor of him passing a miserable land navigation course and having a successful convoy mission. Dinner was at a Brazilian steakhouse, and it was good (my brother actually took me there when he came up to help me move in). I think we've exhausted the supply of nice restaurants in Enterprise though... so now I have to get creative for when I invite him out to dinner one of these nights :p

And I never did go to the IG... *sigh*

Edit 2: I still haven't gone to IG, but I do indeed have a boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment