Thursday, November 19, 2009

FML

Last day to turn in Thanksgiving Pass: 13 November. Day I turned in my Thanksgiving Pass: 13 November. Along with a whole line of other lieutenants turning in passes. Day I discovered that they LOST my Thanksgiving Pass: today, 19 November. Thank you, D Co. personnel. Now instead of going home to visit my family like I told them I would be, I get to stay here in Middle-of-nowhere, Alabama, working at the D Co. Staff Duty Desk. Thanks a fucking lot.

Fuck my life.

When I become a captain, I will not refuse to speak to a lieutenant on the phone because I am "too busy" and instead force said lieutenant to return to the post after being released for the day to speak to me about their issue. If I really am busy, I'll answer my phone my fucking self, instead of having someone else screen my calls for me, I'll make sure it's not an emergency, and I'll promise the LT to call them back as soon as I can.

Additionally, if I ever have a lieutenant show up saying that their pass that they turned in the week prior has been lost by someone in my office, I'll actually try to help find what happened, instead of saying "Sucks to be her." And yeah, that's a direct quote.

You know, when I can hear the one CPT talking in the background of the phone call about non-work-related stuff, and when the other guy says something like that well within my range of hearing, all I can conclude is that they're a pair of lazy fucking shitbags who can't be assed to help anybody else. Never mind that that's what officers are supposed to do. There's not many things that'll make you feel like your life is worthless like your superior officers basically saying "fuck you" and refusing to help. My opinion of flight school just keeps getting lower and lower...

Names ommitted because, you know, CYA...

No comments:

Post a Comment