Enter week... 3? 4? We started on a Weds, so I really don't know what week of training it is :p
Anyway, here I am. BOLC III is everything I could have wanted :p I think the latest we've been released is 1730... and we were released at 11 this past Friday. Hell. Yes.
Training consists of a lot of powerpoint classes. Exams consist of multiple choice questions, in which they tell us every single slide that's going to be tested the day before. Homework? So far we've just done 7-10 min a powerpoint presentation, although we do have a homework book (yes, I'm seriously, a freakin' homework book! hahaha) that I assume we'll eventually use.
What have we been doing with the rest of our time? Watching movies, going to sea world, going to concerts (that'll be a separate post :p), hanging out with Jay's friend Mark, who is a former drill-instructor-now-"platoon-leader" who has about 2 months left in the Army and is absolutely hating his life right now. Seriously, this poor guy's life sucks worse and worse every time we talk to him.
Aand... that's pretty much it. Still waiting on my orders for flight school (but our branch manager is working on it, so hopefully will have some soon). Also trying to un-fuck my personnel records, since I'm still listed as being in the Inactive Ready Reserves when I *should* be listed as Active Duty. Once I un-fuck that I can hopefully finally finish my Tuition Assistance application and pay the school before they put holds on my student account, charge me late fees, and unregister me from classes. That's right, I stupidly signed up to take Grad classes online. No, I don't know what's wrong with me. The week classes start? I'll be out in the field. In the 100+ degree weather. Doing PT and Combatives. With no showers. -_- It'll be the one part of Ft Sam that sucks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment