Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Movies and such

FINALLY! Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete was released in the United States today :D I only watched bits and pieces of it on my internet copy, with the full intention of buying the disk when it came out. Now I get to sit down with my brother and some popcorn and watch the full thing tonight :)

One of the most exciting things about getting the movie today: there is a little flier inside stating that Dissidia is coming this Summer! So I checked the internet, and it comes out September 30th :D Whoo!

(If you don't like video games, or don't know anything about the Final Fantasy series, you probably don't care at all about the previous two paragraphs. Sorry :p)

In other entertainment "news"... I watched 3:10 to Yuma for the first time a couple of nights ago. I can understand die-hard Western fans being upset, because it really is different from your traditional Western movie, but... I liked it :) If I enjoyed watching "old" movies, I'd rent the original version... but I don't so I won't.

Also saw Terminator: Salvation. Much better than the third movie (but that doesn't take much). The differences in technology make it virtually impossible to compare it to the first movie, and it's a tough call between it and Judgement Day. There are plenty of in-depth reviews out there already, so I'll just say a few things: midnight showings are incredibly fun to go to; I think it's really cool that they CGI'd the Governator's face onto another actor so that he could appear in the movie; and I thought it was a pretty nice little detail that they showed how John got the scar that he has as an adult in Judgement Day.

I ALSO saw the new Night at the Museum. It was... okay. Not nearly as good as the first one though... there is no way those old planes could have flown for as long as they did... and Amelia's plane couldn't have flown from the Smithsonian to the Museum of Natural History in only one hour... let alone there and back. And what was up with Jed's ridiculous accent? He didn't have one in the first movie, so why do it in the second? It irritated me every time I heard him speak. Other than that, it was cute. I was a bit surprised that no jokes were made about Kahmunrah's lisp though... hm.

On to other things besides movies and games... I cleaned my room for the first time in four years today. Don't look at me like that. I've been in college for the last four years, living in a dorm, so I haven't been around to clean my bedroom at home. And when I was home on vacations, I tended to just get it dirty without bothering to pick up my mess. So I accumulated four years worth of crap that desperately needed to be cleaned. Approximately 8 hours of total cleaning time later, my room now looks awesome. I do, however, need more bookshelves :( My books are stacked two-deep on the shelves, and there are still about twenty stacked on top *sigh*

And finally, I am reporting for duty on Saturday. Wish me luck, I now have to suffer through 42 days of Officers' training... which is basically the same stuff I already did in ROTC, only longer -_- I am more than ready to finally be moving on though... Less than four months before I go to flight school! :dance:

Oh... and I turned 22 last week. I'm pretty sure that means my PT test standards got harder :(

EDIT: So, I now have to do more push-ups and sit-ups to max, but I don't have to run as fast to pass :D (although I do have to run the same speed to max...)

No comments:

Post a Comment