Friday, May 15, 2009

PAFB

So, yesterday I drove up to Patrick AFB to get my new military ID and to buy new ranks for my uniform. Not only were they out of the rank I needed, but the Army hasn't updated my status in their computer system, so I couldn't get the ID :( I did buy a couple other things I needed while I was there, so the trip wasn't a complete waste, but it's kind of irritating. My old ID that I got while I was in ROTC expired on the 5th, but instead of renewing it before it expired I waited until after commissioning so that I could get my CAC card. PAFB is a lot closer to my school than my home, so it sucks that I waited and made a longer trip just to get a new student ID :(

I did, however, get to eat lunch with the LTC and the MAJ, which was fun. Now I know of a new sushi place to eat at whenever I'm in town. I also got to hang out with some of the guys before I headed home, and watch them fish (they offered to let me, but it was more fun watching them :p)

In other news, my car now needs to be serviced *sigh* Yay for the check engine light... Finally got an oil change though, which I needed badly.

Not a whole lot else to report... It's my last summer vacation ever, so I'm not really doing a whole lot :p

1 comment:

  1. Hey great and inspiring person called friend! uh hum...Cassie.

    Yep just doing routine check of whats going on around here and seeing that everyone is being in good spirits. Yep I know, Oh no! Mart's commenting again...Eh, It's my life. But now you know that I like you so it's not like I'm that bored...Ok, so I am...but besides the point, I read on your other "Live Journal" That you had wrecked your car...remember? The wet roads and that sound you hear when tires seem to continue to go forward in the direction you were heading but they wont stop? SKREEEEEEEEETCH! And the "Oh SHIT!" sound mixed in there with the SKREEEEEETCH!!?...lol. Funny stuff. Not at the time I'm sure but funny stuff non-the-less...lol.

    I'm wondering, did you ever get it repaired because it sounds like, from the description of the damage, that it was "TOTALED"?

    Any-who, I'm rambling on again as I usually do. Not making any sense...a lost puppy but happy...lol.

    Cheers my sweet and keep the arm straight!

    P.S. When you make General remember me. I want to fire that BIG TANK!!! Ka-BooM ! ! !

    ReplyDelete