For the past 3 weeks, I have been at SERE school. It sucked in some ways, and was awesome in others. I killed a rabbit and it tasted amazing. I hate the cold. Getting hit in the face sucks ass. That's about all I have to say :P
As a reward to myself for finishing SERE, I got my hair cut, my legs and eyebrows waxed, and a pedicure today. On Friday I'll be getting my hair highlighted and my nails done. Sometime this week I should be getting a back massage, but I have to talk to my friend and see if she's scheduling us appointments or not.
I also bought Final Fantasy XIII today. The graphics are amazing, but I'm still waiting for the story to make some sense (I just started it though, so I'll hold off on getting too critical until I've played for a while longer). I also blew through $700 on home theater speakers :p I bought a Bose center, and two Polk Audio fronts (a couple of tall floorstanding speakers). The sound difference between these speakers and my TV without any is incredible. Eventually I'd like to complete the set with two rear speakers, but I'm going to have to upgrade my receiver in order to have anough power, and adding more is out of my budget right now anyway. I have to keep some money in the bank to finish paying off my credit card bill, heh (plus I apparently fudged up my taxes a little bit, so I have to make sure I have a few hundred spare in case I owe a little bit back after making the adjustments).
I'm on hold now until sometime in May - my estimated flight start date is between April 21 and May 29 :P I have leave set up for a week in mid-April; otherwise I'm just hanging out here. I'm on SERE detail, which is pretty much the best detail to get stuck on. All I have to do is sit at a desk one day a week during normal work hours, during which time I can read, study, or pretty much whatever I feel like. In return, I don't have to go to formation at all while I'm on hold. I still have to do PT, obviously, but we just started a new PT incentives program, which means that I only have to show up MWF (which is awesome, because MW are run days, which I need to improve anyway, and F is sports day, which means I get to either sham at Ultimate Frisbee or go run if I feel like it). Basically, life is awesome right now. Hopefully my brother will be able to make a trip up here soon, and I can get my ferret, which will just make things even cooler. I'm even buying a dining table, finally! (6 by 3.5 ft, solid oak :) ).
Aaanyway. I'll have to take a snapshot of my hair once it's done :) Other than that, not much happening. Sham city!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment